December 28, 2012
New Years in NoMad
The NoMad neighborhood has some of the best restaurants and hotels in NYC and many different ways to ring in 2013. Check out our list below of what many of our local establishments are doing in honor of New Years Eve and Day:
- Asellina is closed for a private event. Joonbug is holding a private event there and you can buy tickets through them. Asellina will be open for brunch during New Years Day and have regular dinner service.
- Ace Hotel is throwing a New Years Eve party in their Lobby Bar. They will have 3 DJs spinning. DJ Huggy Bear will go first from 8-10pm. From 10pm-1am, JD Samson (of famous punk band “Men”) will DJ. From 1-4am, producer Justin Strauss will DJ. He has worked with many artists including Depeche Mode, LCD Soundsystem and Beyoncé.
- Bread & Tulips will be holing a “New Years Eve Soiree.” Their 9pm dinner is fully booked, but they have a 6pm 4-course dinner still available. They are closed on New Years Day.
- The Breslin, who do not ordinarily take reservations, is taking reservations for New Years Eve. They are open for normal service on New Years Day.
- John Dory Oyster Bar is taking reservations for New Years Eve. They are finalizing their special menu for the night. They are open for normal serve on New Years Day.
- Dos Caminos has 2 seatings for New Years Eve (6-8pm and 8:45pm to New Years). They are also open on New Years Day.
- Forcella is closed for New Years Eve but open on New Years Day.
- Hill Country Barbecue is offering an all you can eat menu on New Years Eve and closed on New Years Day.
- Hurricane Club has a $175 3-course dinner that seats at 9pm, 9:30pm and 10pm. That menu includes a cocktail and champagne toast as well. They have a DJ starting at 10pm and dancers as well! They are open for dinner on New Years Day.
- Ilili has a prix-fixe 5-course menu that seats at 9pm and costs $130. This includes a champagne toast, party favors, professional belly dancers and a DJ. They also have earlier prix-fixe seatings that are cheaper.
- Les Halles has their normal menu for New Years Eve with additional New Years Eve specials. They are open on New Years Day for brunch and dinner service.
- Pranna has a top shelf open bar from 8:30pm-2am and a buffet. Admission is $150 and a party goes until 4am. They also have tables available for reservation.
- Resto will be serving a $150 “Fish and Fowl” special menu with an open bar. The earlier diners can enjoy an a-la-carte menu from 5-7pm focusing on duck, shellfish and dry aged steaks. New Years Day brunch will include free bloody mary’s and draft beers.
- SD26 will be hosting their annual New Years Eve Gala from 9pm-2am. At $360 per person (all inclusive), the Gala includes a 5-course meal, wine pairings and champagne toast at midnight. At midnight-2am, the dining room will be converted into a dance floor.
- The NoMad restaurant will doing two different seatings for New Years Eve. Their second seating is a 7-course menu at $195 (before tax and fees) that is all booked. They currently have a wait-list for this seating. The earlier seating features their regular menu. They are open for breakfast and lunch on New Years Day.