July 8, 2020
Mike’s NYC Tours Go Virtual for Month of July
With over 50 years in the Garment District, 18 years in real estate, and 21 years as a licensed tour guide, native New Yorker Mike Kaback is legendary for his tours of New York City. In the current coronavirus environment, Mike is taking his tours virtual. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about New York’s history, while you are held up at home.
If you missed Mike’s first tour on July 2, you can take his Garment District Virtual Tour on
Sunday, July 12th at 11:00 a.m. or Wednesday, July 22nd at 7:00 p.m. Mike brings a lifetime of knowledge to his tours and he will be touching on the following topics in his tour:
- Changes in fashion through the years.
- Immigrants and the growth of the NYC apparel industry – features on the factories and workers.
- The Triangle Shirtwaist factory fire of 1911.
- Unions and gangsters.
- How the Garment District of today relocated to its current location.
- Fashion Avenue and The Fashion Walk of Fame.
- A look into the future of the Garment Industry.
- Mike’s own personal experiences in the fashion industry and Garment District over the last half-century.
- And much more!
To register for these tours, interested parties should e-mail Mike Kaback (email@example.com) to receive the ZOOM link. Please be sure to have the subject read “Virtual Garment District Educational History Walking Tour“.