Delmonico’s / Café Martin

212 Fifth Avenue (corner of 26th Street and Fifth Avenue, through block to Broadway) 10010 Visit Site

Delmonico’s and Cafe Martin were THE society restaurants of the Gilded Age.  Located at Fifth Avenue and 26th Street from September 11, 1876 until April 18, 1899, Delmonico’s became Cafe Martin on April 18, 1899.  it was in this restaurant that Stanford White had his last meal before being shot to death on the roof of Madison Square Garden accross the park.

Sign Up to receive exclusive content, special offers, and NoMad news.